Deck Builder along the Eastern Shore in Daphne, Fairhope and Spanish Fort and Mobile
Building a deck can be a great way to extend your living space and enjoy the outdoors, but there are several factors you should consider before you start. Red Branch Outdoor Living can be your deck builder and walk you through the process!
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Local regulations: Check with your local government to find out if there are any regulations or permits required for building a deck. Some areas have strict rules about the size and location of decks. A good deck builder will already know these answers!
- Budget: Determine how much you are willing to spend on the project, including materials, labor, and any additional features you want to include.
- Size and shape: Decide on the size and shape of the deck based on how you plan to use it. Consider the space available, the style of your home, and any existing landscaping.
- Materials: Choose the materials you want to use for your deck. Some popular options include pressure treated wood and composite decking. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, so research your options to determine what will work best for your needs.
- Design and features: Determine the overall design of the deck, including any additional features such as built-in seating, lighting, or a pergola.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance required for the materials you choose. Some materials require more maintenance than others, so factor in the time and cost of upkeep.
- Safety: Ensure that the deck is safe by using proper building techniques and materials. This includes proper attachment to the house, appropriate footings, and railings.
By considering these factors before your contractor builds your deck, you can ensure that your project meets your needs, budget, and local regulations, and that it will be a safe and enjoyable addition to your home.
Reach out to Red Branch Outdoor Living when you are ready to build your deck! We can’t wait to help you upgrade your outdoor living space!