Position Title: Carpenter
Reports to: Field Supervisor/Superintendent
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Pay: $15-25 per hour
Works on construction projects using carpentry skills to build components such as stairs, decks, roofs, platforms, trim, construct forms, pergolas, gazebos, sheds, and outdoor kitchens. Works with a variety of construction materials and utilizes hand tools, power tools, and small machinery to perform work.
Responsibilities may include the following.
- Prepare the layout of the project
- Build forms and place concrete
- Drill and cut concrete
- Frame stairs, decks, platforms, porches, pergolas, and walls
- Install shingle or metal roofing
- Verifies trueness of structure using tools such as a plumb bob, level, tape measure, framing square, laser, and survey equipment
- Operate hand and power tools including saws, chisels, drills, impact drills, concrete saws and drills, sanders to construct and repair structures
- Operate small machinery as needed such as tractor, loader, excavator, plate compactor, power washer, and jack hammer.
- Work will materials such as wood, metal, plastic, fiberglass, and drywall
- Joins materials with nails, screws, staples, adhesives, and other
- Identifies, reports, and corrects potential hazards associated with specific task or the project to maintain a safe work area
- Load and unload materials up to 100 pounds
- Other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, or be cable of learning, each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Familiarity with field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Demonstrated success in working safely on projects
- Language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and plans. Ability to wire routine reports and correspondence
- Mathematical skills: Ability to do basic construction math, including measuring, transposing, and calculating cut lengths and basic volumes
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Reliable transportation method to get to and from project sites
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
- The associate must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, frequently left and move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works in outside weather conditions. The associate regularly works near moving equipment. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet, cold, hot, dry, and humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
Red Branch Outdoor Living, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.