Position Title: Construction Laborer
Reports to: Crew Leader/Superintendent
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Pay: $18-25 per hour
In this role, it will be your job to help us create a variety of structures for our clients out concrete, wood, and metal. You’ll work on things like buildings, kitchens, fire features, and walkways, among other types of structures.
DEMONSTRATES CORE VALUES
Integrity – Doing what’s right when nobody is watching
Innovation – Striving for continuous improvement
Impact – Making a difference in the lives of our community, teams, and partners
Responsibilities may include the following.
- Prepare the layout of the project
· Wood framing and forming
· Prepare materials and equipment for each day
· Carpentry and/or concrete specific trade work
· Operate hand and power tools including saws, chisels, drills, impact drills, concrete saws and drills, sanders to construct and repair structures
· Work will materials such as wood, concrete, block, panels, rebar, etc.
· Identifies, reports, and corrects potential hazards associated with specific task or the project to maintain a safe work area
· Load and unload materials up to 100 pounds
· Other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, or be cable of learning, each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
· Familiarity with field concepts, practices, and procedures
· Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
· Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated success in working safely on projects
· Language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and plans. Ability to wire routine reports and correspondence
· Mathematical skills: Ability to do basic construction math, including measuring, transposing, and calculating cut lengths and basic volumes
· Ability to pass background check and drug screen
· Reliable transportation method to get to and from project sites
Job Descriptions Skilled Construction Worker The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
· The associate must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, frequently left and move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORKING CONDITIONS The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works in outside weather conditions. The associate regularly works near moving equipment. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet, cold, hot, dry, and humid conditions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
Red Branch Outdoor Living, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer